Mason Pertnoy is a Partner at Solowsky & Allen, and is a proven leader with 15 years of civil litigation experience. Mr. Pertnoy excels at litigation strategy and creative problem solving, through which he is able to gain a decisive edge for his clients. He is accomplished in all aspects of litigation case management and strategy from inception through completion, including daily motion practice, taking and defending depositions, mediation, and trial. Mr. Pertnoy is well versed in negotiating and preparing contracts concerning a multitude of complex commercial transactions and real estate transactions.
Mr. Pertnoy has represented clients in a wide array of business areas, including the oil industry, insurance industry, aviation industry, banking industry, restaurant industry, real estate and development, and medical supply and medical research industries.
- Complex commercial litigation
- Insurance coverage analysis and defense
- Commercial real estate litigation
- Trust and estate litigation
- Commercial and corporate transactions
- Successfully represented former insurance company executives in a white-collar criminal law matter brought by the Florida State Attorney and obtained a dismissal with prejudice of a civil claim in excess of $84 million brought by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.
- Successfully represented a real estate development group in multiple foreclosure actions brought by lenders, which resulted in the client being released from $100 million of liability (including interest) and receiving a substantial settlement payment from one of the lenders.
- Successfully represented a client in a strategic consent to foreclosure resulting in the client saving $1 million.
- Successfully defended a client in a legal malpractice and intentional tort matter which resulted in a jury verdict in favor of the client on all counts.
- Successfully represented a former executive officer in a partnership dispute resulting in a multi- million dollar settlement for the client and a release of all claims against the client.
- Successfully represented the Mayor of the City of Miami and a City of Miami Commissioner as class representatives in a class action against the Florida Department of Transportation over the funding for the I-395 Signature Bridge project.
- Successfully represented multiple former financial advisers sued by their former employer, a Fortune 100 company, which was seeking damages in excess of $10 million, resulting in a dismissal with prejudice of all claims.
- Retained by the Florida Insurance Guaranty Association (FIGA) to provide insurance coverage analysis concerning an NFL players class action lawsuit.
- Retained by American International Group (AIG) to provide insurance coverage analysis in multiple matters involving construction defect litigation.
- Richardson v. Knight, 197 So.3d 143 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016)
- Levi v. Winston Towers 300 Ass'n, Inc., 3D16-1196, 2016 WL 7404555 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016)
- Juris Doctor, 2002
Roger Williams University, Bristol, Rhode Island
- Bachelor of Arts, 1997
Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- St. Thomas University, School of Law
Adjunct Professor/Guest Lecturer
- Real Estate Development and Finance
- Real Estate Transactions
- Professional Responsibility
- Florida Practice and Procedure
- Panelist, Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division-Law Student Division, The ‘Winning Edge’ Event, Practicing with Professionalism