Leah Gardner is an Associate at Solowsky & Allen with over 20 years of commercial litigation experience. Ms. Gardner excels at implementing creative and effective solutions for the firm’s clients. Her legal research and writing skills are unparalleled, and Ms. Gardner’s critical analysis of legal issues explores the layered nuances of pertinent law, providing the firm’s clients with superior representation.
- Complex commercial litigation
- Complex real estate litigation
- Successfully represented former insurance company executives in a white-collar criminal law matter brought by the Florida State Attorney and obtained a dismissal with prejudice of a civil claim in excess of $84 million brought by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.
- Successfully represented a real estate development group in multiple foreclosure actions brought by lenders, which resulted in the client being released from $100 million of liability (including interest) and receiving a substantial settlement payment from one of the lenders.
- Spent over 10,000 hours successfully representing over 10,000 Exxon service station dealers in a nationwide, breach of contract class action against Exxon Corporation. Helped obtain a jury verdict of over $500 Million against Exxon Corporation which was affirmed on appeal. Exxon ultimately paid in excess of $1 billion.
Honors, Awards, Experience and Publications
- Honorable George E. MacKinnon, United States Court of Appeals (District of Columbia Circuit)
Judicial Clerk, 1987-1988
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
California Law Review, Note & Comment Editor, 1985-1987
Author: Protecting Children with AIDS against Arbitrary Exclusion from School, 74 Cal.L.Rev. 1373 (1986)
American Jurisprudence Award (first in class) in Administrative Law, 1987
Prosser Scholar Award (second in class) in Antitrust Law, 1986
Instructor, Legal Writing & Research, 1986
- Juris Doctor, 1987
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, California
- Bachelor of Arts, Phi Beta Kappa, 1984
University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California