Lauren Kain Whaley
Lauren Kain Whaley is an Associate at Solowsky & Allen, where she focuses on diverse commercial litigation matters. Mrs. Kain Whaley began her legal career as a trial attorney with the Miami-Dade County Public Defender’s Office, where she spent nearly every day in court arguing motions, conducting evidentiary hearings, and trials. Mrs. Kain Whaley has deposed hundreds of witnesses and served as lead counsel in numerous jury trials.
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial and Corporate Transactions
- Successfully argued Motion For Relief From Final Judgment, which reversed foreclosure sale and allowed clients to regain their homestead property after clients lost their home in foreclosure proceedings due to unpaid condominium association fees.
- Represented a client in a highly publicized multi-million dollar racketeering case involving allegations of fraudulent auctions of properties owned by Miami-Dade County, successfully obtaining a probationary sentence despite decades of potential prison exposure.
- Successfully represented a client in a first-degree felony jury trial where the client was accused of stealing $800,000 from J.P. Morgan Chase in a mortgage fraud scheme.
- Successfully represented indigent clients as lead trial counsel in several pro bono cases, including a case which proceeded to a jury trial.
- Juris Doctor, 2009
George Washington University School of Law
Clinical Experience: D.C. Law Students in Court
- Bachelor of Arts, English, cum laude, 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida